Lost Family Portraits
Street Children of Bombay
Ayrton Senna's Last Race
Tsunami in Indonesia
Are you interested in a collaboration with Dario Mitidieri? Contact us.
London based Dario Mitidieri began his career working for the Sunday Telegraph and for The Independent.
In 1989, Dario Mitidieri travelled to China to document the students demonstration in Tiananmen Square, little knowing that he would witness one of the most brutal army repression in modern history. For his work, he was awarded British Press Photographer of the Year, and recognized worldwide as one of the top emerging photojournalists.
In 1994 his book Children of Bombay was published in six languages, the result of a year long project about the lives of street children in Bombay. Described in French Photo Magazine as one of the ten most important photographic books of the decade, Children of Bombay has given a voice to children who occupy the very bottom rung of India’s social ladder.
In the years that followed, Dario Mitidieri photographed many other significant events, including the Kobe Earthquake in Japan, Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna’s last race, the conflict in Northern Ireland, the Iraq War, the Tsunami in Indonesia and was able to work on other long term projects such as Children in Wars and Charismatic Evangelism.
His latest project, Lost Family Portraits, has received critical acclaim and has been seen online 780 millions times.
Among his other important awards we find the W. Eugene Smith Award in Humanistic Photography, the Visa d’Or a Visa pour l’Image, the European Publishers Award for Photography, the Getty Images Grant in Editorial Photography, e two World Press Photo Award with Mass Graves of Iraq and Lost Family Portraits.
- 1989: NUJ Photographer of the Year, UK
- 1989: Photographer of the Year, British Press Awards, UK
- 1991: W. Eugene Smith Award in Humanistic Photography, USA
- 1993: Visa d’Or, International Festival of Photojournalism, France
- 1993: Premio Fotografia Periodistica La Nacion, Argentina
- 1994: European Publishers Award for Photography, Italy
- 1996: Nikon Photo Essay of the Year, Nikon Press Awards, UK
- 1998: Leica - C.F.P. Photo Award, Italy
- 2000: D & AD Awards, UK
- 2004: IPA, 2nd Place Feature
- 2004: General News Stories, World Press Photo, Netherlands
- 2005: Getty Images Grant in Editorial Photography, USA
- 2008: Association of Photographers Awards, Commissioned Documentary Category, Bronze
- 2011: Association of Photographers Awards, Non-Commissioned Life Series, Finalist
- 2013: Association of Photographers Awards, Life Series, Finalist
- 2015: Association of Photographers Awards, Project, Finalist
- 2016: IPA, Honorable Mention - Photo Essay and Feature Story Category
- 2016: IPA, Honorable Mention - Deeper Perspective Category
- 2016: IPA, Honorable Mention - Moving Images Category
- 2016: World Press Photo, 3rd Place, Single, People Category
- 2016: World Photo Award, Finalist, Short Story Award
- 2017: Sony World Photography Awards, Finalist, Professional Portraiture
- 2017: Lens Culture Portrait Awards, Finalist
- 2017: World Report Award, Finalist
- 2019: Association of Photographers Awards, Photojournalism, Single, Silver